Pyrolysis Oil Utilization in 50KWE Gas Turbine, A. Pozarlik, A. Bijl, N. van Alst, E. Bramer, G. Brem, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Authors: A. Pozarlik
18th IFRF Members’ Conference took place at Kardinal-Döpfner-Haus in Freising, Germany at 1-3 June 2015. The conference attended 77 participants from Europe, as well as from the US, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Egypt.
The conference was opened by Leonardo Tognotti, IFRF Superintendent of Research, and followed by Tomasz Klajny - IFRF Director’s presentation, both about the update of the IFRF research, interests and services. The morning session also included two keynote lectures by Nick Syred talking about interactions of swirling flows with combustion, and Wiebren de Jong from TU Delft exploring the subject of thermo-chemical biomass conversion featuring Brisk project activities and achievements. The main topic of the two parallel sessions of the day were Emissions (Session A) and Gasification and Pyrolysis (Session B).
The second day was opened with a keynote lecture by Gerald Schmidt from (ALSTOM Boiler Deutschland GmbH) talking about flexible coal fired boilers. The morning sessions were concerned with Equipment and Facilities (Session C) as well as Oxy-gas (Session D). After lunch there was lunched Session E: Biomass and parallel sessions of oxy-coal workshop, which also continued on Wednesday (together with conference sessions F-H). The meeting was closed with a keynote lecture by Filip Verplaetsen (KU Leuven/Adinex) on assessing explosion risk in oxy-coal combustion systems.
The conference was accompanied by 2 days (2-3 June) Oxycoal workshop.
- 01 Biomass gasification in presence of O2, H2O or CO2, at high temperature in entrained flow reactor : experiments and simulation, .J. Billaud , S. Valin, M. Peyrot , S. Salvador, CEA, RAPSODEE, France
- 02 Pyrolysis of coal and woody biomass under N2 and CO2 Atmospheres Using a Drop Tube Furnace, S. Zellagui, T. Decaix, C. Schonnenbeck, G. Leyssens, O. Allgaier, N. Zouaoui-Mahzoul, E. Thunin, O. Authier, P. Plion, L. Porcheron, J.-F. Brilhac, Université de
- 03 Thermodynamic Analysis of Plasma Gasification Systems, A. Sanlisoy, M.O. Carpinlioglu, University of Gaziantep, Turkey
- 04 Investigation of the Entrained Flow Gasification of Anthracite Coal, M Steibel, F. Botteghi, H. Spliethoff, TUM, ZAE Bayern, Germany
- 05 Pyrolysis Oil Utilization in 50KWE Gas Turbine, A. Pozarlik, A. Bijl, N. van Alst, E. Bramer, G. Brem, University of Twente, The Netherlands
- 06 Experimental Investigation of Performance and Exhaust Emissions of a Gas Turbine Engine Fueled With Waste Cooking Oil Biodiesel, M. Noureldin, A.K. Abdel-Rahman, M. Bady E-JUST
Download PDFPozarlik, A. (2015) Pyrolysis Oil Utilization in 50KWE Gas Turbine, A. Pozarlik, A. Bijl, N. van Alst, E. Bramer, G. Brem, University of Twente, The Netherlands.