At TUG the research group “Energetic Biomass Utilisation” at IPPT presently consists of 10 research
associates (9 at academic level). For more than 13 years this group is engaged in research and development concerning the energetic utilisation of solid biomass. The key research competences of the group are:
– characterisation of the physical properties and the chemical composition of biomass fuels and ashes;
– research on the behaviour of ash-forming elements in biomass combustion / gasification processes;
– high-temperature equilibria calculations for ash-forming elements in biomass conversion processes; technological and ecological optimisation of biomass conversion plants;
– simulation of flow and reactions in biomass combustion and gasification plants using CFD under consideration of kinetic aspects.
Moreover, IPPT/TU Graz has special competences concerning
– deposit probe measurements,
– high temperature particle sampling
– fine particulate measurements,
– TGA-DTG-DSC analyser
– high temperature impactor measurements.