Characterization of the aerodynamic “cold” flow field generated by a burner or any combustion device. Air distribution, velocity profiles, fuel-air mixing.
Different fans are available and they can be used depending by the conditions that need to be reproduced in the tests. The air flow rate can vary between 490 and 20000 m3/h with a head pressure varying between 70 and 1170 mmH2O.
Available measurements equipment:
• Laser Doppler Velocimetry (LDV) (Turbulence measurement, Mean velocity measurement)
• Laser Sheet Visualisation (LSV) (Mixing efficiency)
• Hot Wire Anemometry (HWA)
• Phase Doppler Particle Analyzer (PDPA). Size, speed and concentration of spray droplet produced by industrial atomizers
• Five Holes Pitot tube for measurements in flame and cold flows