TOTeM 43 takes as its ‘Topic’ the ‘Safe design and Operation of Fired Equipment in the Oil and Gas Industry – Challenges and best practices’. It will be held in Sheffield, UK on June 2nd and 3rd 2016.
The IFRF has not previously focused specifically on instrumentation, control and safety of industrial fired equipment. TOTeM 43 will address the best practices and challenges of most of the fired equipment operated in the Oil and Gas Industry, i.e. process heaters, cracking furnaces, industrial boilers, steam methane reformer furnaces and incinerators. It will also show some of the key differences between supervised and unsupervised fired equipment and the approaches taken in various international codes and standards. Above all, it will aim at sharing the best practices that combine safety and availability at a reasonable cost.
The technical program will include:
– 17 presentations from internationally recognized engineers involved in the writing of international standards on instrumentation, controls and safety functions of fired equipment. The presentations will address a large variety of critical topics and will be followed by discussions.
– Four round table discussions providing opportunities to all participants to ask questions, share experiences and define best practices.
– A permanent poster session allowing participants to presnet their own work in this area.
– A permanent exhibition for TOTEM Sponsors to present their services and technologies.
– A wrap-up session summarizing the learnings from this meeting and focusing on the question: “How can IFRF assist in going forward?”.
If you are involved in the safe operation of fired equipment including the design of its instrumentation, control and protective functions, TOTeM43 will provide a unique opportunity for you to identify best practices, share experience and learn from your peers.
Further information on the programme and the venue can be downloaded from http://www.calendar.ifrf.net/event.html?id=590
We anticipate that this will be a popular TOTeM. To guarantee your place without commitment, please pre-register by emailing your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will be sent full details and a registration form as soon as they are available in February.