As we recalled last week, the Linkebeek TOTeMs, will be hosted by our Belgian Member Organisation, Laborelec, based at Linkebeek, just south of Brussels and will cover the following topics:
12th November 2002 – TOTeM21 – Combustion Trends in the Cement and Mineral Processing Industry.
On the evening of 12th November there will be a Joint TOTeM buffet dinner.
13th November 2002 – TOTeM22 – Combustion Trends in the Power Generation Industry.
In the last week we have been continuing programme development, in this case with TOTeM21. Barrie Jenkins and his advisory team have agreed the following outline “Topics” programme for the Invited Lectures:
Agreed Concept Programme for Topics of Invited Lectures:
- A review of the global cement industry from a North American viewpoint
- A review of the global cement industry from a European viewpoint
- A global review of the lime industry
- A review of experimental research activities related to minerals processing equipment
- A review of modelling activities related to minerals processing equipment
In the coming week we intend to complete all invitations and update the programme accordingly. We have commenced updating the Linkebeek TOTeM site on http://www.combustion-centre.ifrf.net/meetings/totems/linkebeek2002/T21_index.html.
As the programme is developed further we will update this site accordingly.
In the meantime we are working with the staff at Laborelec to complete the social programme, the hotel arrangements and prepare the costs and registration details. We aim to publish these next Monday.
But meanwhile we should remind you again that:
- You should enter this event in your agenda/diary;
- Service providers to both the Power Generation and the Cement and Mineral Processing Industrial Sectors should recall that we encourage the smaller poster presentation style exhibitions of your services;
- All IFRF Member Organisations have the right to present poster of their research and development relevant to the topics of the TOTeMs