The 14th IFRF Member’s Conference
11th – 14th May, 2004
NH Leeuwenhorst Conference Centre,
Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands
Following from our reminder two weeks ago, today we issue the call for Podium Presentation Papers and proposals for Poster presentations and Exhibitions.
The theme for the 14th IFRF Member’s Conference is:
‘A Sustainable Energy Supply for Industry
A Challenge for the IFRF’
This is second Members’ Conference of the new millennium. The world continues to change rapidly. The IFRF is updating its goals and programmes to match the changing requirements.
There are developing opportunities for the IFRF and all IFRF Members. The 14th Member’s Conference provides us all with the opportunity to share in the exchange of technical information with our colleagues, and seek out mutually advantageous cooperation possibilities, all in an excellent social atmosphere. This is the hallmark of all IFRF Member’s Conferences.
The Members’ Conferences are reserved for IFRF Members and invited guests and only IFRF Member Organisations have the right to propose technical or scientific presentations of their work. All aspects of industrial combustion from fundamental research up to and including industrial application may be addressed.
The IFRF is currently requesting technical papers for presentation at this conference, both at the Podium and within the Poster Sessions. The Exhibition Session, introduced successfully at the previous MC will be retained. This also gives Member Organisations the opportunity to present information on their products and services to the Combustion Community.
The scientific and technical sessions of MC14 will be composed of the following elements:
Podium Sessions. As usual the central feature of this conference is the Podium Sessions, the traditional ‘oral presentations’. 20-minute presentations will be received from IFRF members in all fields relating to industrial combustion. Also included will be a series of Invited Keynote Lectures. Copies of papers presented will be distributed to all participants in the conference proceedings. The authors of a selection of the papers presented will be invited to submit their paper for full refereeing with a view to publication in the IFRF Combustion Journal.
Poster Sessions. In these sessions, Members, particularly postgraduate students, who are not presenting in the podium sessions, will have the possibility to present and discuss their ‘work in progress’ with the conference participants in poster format.
Exhibition Sessions. These sessions, which will run in parallel with the poster sessions and are aimed towards Member Organisations who will have the opportunity to exhibit examples of their products/services to the participants. Display boards will be available along with tables for any samples or computer demonstration. This session will also involve a visit to the IFRF Research Station.
The IFRF is now seeking abstract proposals (250±50 words) for presentation at the podium, poster and exhibition sessions.
Podium Presentations (scheduled for 20 minutes including questions).
- The deadline for submission of podium presentation abstracts for preliminary refereeing is Monday 15th December 2003.
- The corresponding author will be contacted 16th January 2004 to confirm the acceptance of the presentation for inclusion in the conference and will be expected to prepare a written version for the conference proceedings before 16th March 2004.
- Facilities for overhead transparency and/or PowerPoint computer LCD projection presentations will be provided.
- The deadline for receipt of poster proposals is 16th March 2004. It is assumed that “flexible” poster formats will be used.
- Poster display boards of 1.25m high*1.50m and 1.25m high*1.25m are available. If it is your intention to have other display formats, please indicate this in the proposal form, stating your requirements.
- Internet connections will be available but will incur an extra cost if required.
- The deadline for receipt of exhibition proposals is 16th March 2004. Display boards and tables will be made available to exhibitors.
- Please indicate on your proposal form if you require any other special equipment for your exhibition. As with the poster sessions, internet connection can be arranged but will incur an extra cost if required.
This information is posted at the MC14 Website at:
If you intend to make a presentation, please download the Presentation Proposal Form at the MC14 website and return it, by fax, to the IFRF at 31 251 291 599. We look forward to receiving your proposal.