The provisional programme has been added to the CFD Workshop insert on the IFRF Events Calendar. The workshop takes place at Abo Akademi, Turku, Finland over the afternoon of Thursday 16th June, and on the following morning – Friday 17th June.
Registration closes tomorrow for the workshop, which will be chaired by IFRF Joint Committee Member Christian Mueller. The event is one of a series of CFD workshops organised by IFRF and its purpose is to allow Member organisations to describe their current CFD Validation activities based on the use of IFRF and other combustion data sets. Issues to be discussed are:
- Validation data sets available on semi-industrial scale combustion applications
- Need of experimental tests to fulfill modelers’ needs
- Validation approaches and uncertainties quantification
- Validation activities currently carried out within IFRF scientific community
- Future support from IFRF
- Proposed new ad-hoc Working group/activity on CFD Validation
- Future CFD Validation Workshop(s)
No charge will be levied to attendees and IFRF thanks Abo Akademi and the Finnish National Committee for hosting this event along with this year’s Joint Committee meeting.