Next week we will be speaking at the Nordic Flame Days in Stockholm, Sweden (10-11 October). The Nordic Flame Days are the Nordic meeting point for everybody involved in combustion or combustion related processes. The Flame Days 2017 is arranged by the Swedish and Finnish National Committees of International Flame Research Foundation (IFRF) and the Scandinavian-Nordic Section of the Combustion Institute (CINS). The meeting also includes a CINS Topical meeting on Large Scale Numerical Simulations.
The Nordic Flame Days involves combustion related topics such as:
- Combustion concepts including for example co-combustion, high-temperature combustion, pressurised combustion, and more
- Gasification of coal and biomass
- Fuel characterisation
- Diagnostic and in-flame measurement techniques
- Combustion process modelling and optimisation
- Flexibility of thermal fuel conversion systems
- Emission control and CO2 mitigation
- Ash management and other residues
Our director Philip Sharman will present an overview of the 70 year history of IFRF as we start the celebrations for our anniversary year in 2018. He will also discuss the new way forward for IFRF – what we are doing differently and how you can get involved. So if you are going to the Nordic Flame Days, why not stop Philip and find out more. And if you have not registered yet – make sure you book soon as the registration deadline is 5 October! We look forward to seeing you there.
Full details about the Nordic Flame Days 2017 (including registration and the programme) can be found here.