Headquartered in Luleå, Sweden, MEFOS is a nordic industrial research institute for applied and industrial research and process development in metallurgy, heating and mechanical working, environment and energy.
MEFOS is an international world leader in large Pilot scale process development. The company’s key areas are:
- reduction and injection metallurgy
- energy and gasification technologies
- measurement and process analysis
- computer modeling
- simulations and calculations using CFD and FEM
- process integration
- environmental and recycling technologies
MEFOS has 82 employees of which 50 are researchers.
Ther IFRF’s main contact person at the company is Dr. Lars-Olov Nordberg.
ANSYS Italy is the Italian office of ANSYS Inc. which has its world headquarters in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Formerly Fluent Italy, ANSYS is located in Milan and was acquired by ANSYS Inc. in July 2006. The company supplies the ANSYS CAE and CFD software and also provides training, technical support and consultancy services. Whilst its main competence is in CFD applications – FLUENT and CFX software, ANSYS Italy is developing the capacity to support all multi-physics engineering simulations.
ANSYS Italy has 15 employees, 9 are engineers. The mother company, founded in 1970, employs approximately 1,700 people in more than 60 strategic sales locations throughout the world. Many of the stafffers are engineers with advanced degrees and extensive training in fields such as finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics (FLUENT, CFX) and design optimization. Read more at http://www.ansys.com/
The IFRF’s main contact person is Marco Panzeri.
GREAT SOUTHERN GROUP (GSG) is an engineering services company and heater fabricator located in Broken Arrow Oklahoma, USA. The company was founded in November 2005 and William C. Gibson and Robert L. Gibson are the owners as well as the President and Vice President respectively. Companies within GSG include Great Southern Technologies (GST) and Great Southern Flameless (GSF).
Great Southern Technologies (GST)
- Proprietary Computer Modeling
- Tube Side Modeling for all single phase and two-phase processes
- Fire Side Modeling to evaluate and optimize radiant heat flux
- Engineering and technology for new and existing heaters
- Field testing and diagnostics
Great Southern Flameless (GSF) (patents pending)
- Conventional Heaters that can be operated in the flameless mode
- Flameless technology for existing and new heaters
- Safely and reliably switch between conventional and flameless combustion
- Even radiant heat flux
- High efficiency
- NOx emissions of 3-8 ppm
- 10-20% reduction of CO2
- Cost equal to conventional double fired heater with balanced draft air preheat
GSG assures that heater designs incorporate the latest in fired heater technology and
performs complete evaluations to extend run lengths, reduce emissions, and increase
efficiency. The MCP is Bill Gibson.
IFRF Members can use the Members’ Exchange on the IFRF website to retrieve the contact details of other members. Browse the Member List to see Member Organisations arranged by sector or by National Committee affiliation.
If your email programme does not read the three company logos which appear in this article, please read the online version of MNM which is published very Monday evening on the IFRF website.