The Industrial Combustion journal – IFRF’s online, peer-reviewed journal focused, as its name indicates on combustion processes and research with industrial applications, is in the process of a revamp. With only 3-5 papers being published per year, we have decided to reconfigure the journal’s Editorial Board, actively solicit new papers (particularly from IFRF events) and move towards 10-12 industrially-relevant papers being published per year. We are currently processing eight papers through our peer-review system, and intend to have at least six of these published by the end of this year.
The Industrial Combustion Editorial Board is led by a new Editor-in-Chief, Professor John Oakey of Cranfield University in the UK.
John Oakey is Professor of Energy Technology and Head of the Institute for Energy and Resource Technology at Cranfield. He is engaged in a wide range of research activities in the UK, Europe and on the international scene, and is a recognised authority on materials and process problems in energy processes using fossil and related fuels and is active in research on the clean use of fossil fuels.
Prior to joining Cranfield University in 1998, John had over 30 years of experience in energy industries. As a senior Branch Manager in British Coal’s Coal Technology Development Division he led a range of clean coal technology research programmes, and with a particular interest in materials and process troubleshooting, he has been at the forefront of many of the UK’s clean coal projects in recent years. These include the BC/CEGB Joint Programme on PFBC, the Grimethorpe Topping Cycle Project and the Air Blown Gasification Cycle Programme in the 1990s. More recently, he chaired the EU COST Action 538 Management Committee on ‘High Temperature Plant Life Extension’ and leads the UK side of a major collaboration programme with the USA on ‘Advanced Materials for Low Emission Power Plants’, as well as assisting the UK government in the development of further collaborations with the USA. Since 1998, he has also been involved in technology transfer projects with China on gas cleaning, underground coal gasification and biomass co-firing.
The new Editorial Board comprises 16 members, although we are hoping to expand this with additional non-European members in due course. The current Editorial Board members are:
- Prof John Oakey – Editor-in-Chief (Cranfield University, UK)
- Sébastien Caillat (Fives Group, France)
- Prof Robin Irons (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Patrick Lavery (IFRF, Australia)
- Jörg Leicher (GWI-Essen, Germany)
- Mathieu Lucquiaud (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Prof Lin Ma (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Bill Nimmo (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Fredrik Normann (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden)
- Kumar Patchigolla (University of Cranfield, UK)
- Prof Mohamed Pourkashanian (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Prof Colin Snape (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Philip Sharman (IFRF)
- Prof Terry Wall (University of New South Wales, Australia)
- Prof Alan Williams (University of Leeds, UK)
- Prof Yong Yan (University of Kent, UK)
The first of this new batch of Industrial Combustion papers is highlighted in this edition of MNM and can be found here.
If you would like to consider submitting a paper, please click here.