The IFRF has negotiated a discount for IFRF Members wishing to attend the UK Energy Institute conference entitled ‘Can coal come in from the cold? – what is its future in a world of cleaner energy?’. This will be held on 25 May 2006 at the Energy Institute, 61 New Cavendish Street, London W1G 7AR, from 09.30 – 17.15. Further details may be seen via the IFRF’s On-line Events Calendar http://www.calendar.ifrf.net/event.html?id=175.
This conference offers a timely opportunity to reflect on important energy issues:
- The strategic control of world energy supplies: a European perspective
- World fuel price changes
- Sustainable development & climate change
- Prospects for reducing carbon emissions
- Carbon Abatement Technologies (CATs) Programme
- Using captured CO2 for enhanced oil and gas recovery, and CO2 storage in saline aquifers
- Central power generation
- Distributed power generation process and other heat demands
- Gasification/reformation conversion to gaseous/liquid fuels
IFRF Members wishing to pay the Energy Institutes Members rates for this event should mention their status as registered Individual Members of the IFRF and the agreement between IFRF and EI’s Arabella Dick. Anyone employed by an IFRF Member Company and wishing to take advantage of this discount and not already registered as an Individual IFRF Member should contact email@example.com in the first instance.