Over the last four years, IFRF has been applying its Fourier Transform Infra-Red Analyser (FTIR) to in-flame measurement in gas and coal flames and making comparisons with more standard measurement techniques. This work is now complete, and we are organising a one day ’round table’ workshop for IFRF and other FTIR owners and users to exchange experience. The event may also interest those considering acquiring an FTIR for combustion work. There is no requirement for participants to make formal presentations of their work, but everyone attending will be given an opportunity to speak as well as to listen, and a PPT projector will be available for those wishing to use one.
The event will take place on Tuesday March 15th at the IFRFs premises in Livorno, or at the adjacent ENEL Combustion Test facility depending on numbers. The anticipated format is:
- Participants arrive Pisa Monday March 14th – we will suggest a comfortable but inexpensive (circa €80 B&B) business hotel in Pisa for overnighting
- Tuesday March 15th
- 09.00 Transport Pisa Hotel to Livorno Research Station
- Welcome and introductions
- Presentation of IFRF findings
- Start of round table
- Visit to inspect IFRF FTIR and sampling system
- Completion of Round table discussions
- Wrap up and actions
- Circa 15.30 (time to be agreed) transport from Livorno Research Station to Pisa Airport (for return flights departing 17.30 or later) or to Hotel
- The output from the event will be summarised in the IFRF Report describing the FTIR assessment subject to participants prior agreement.
The cost of this Round Table will be €100.00 for IFRF Members. The meeting is also open to non-members for whom the cost will be €180.00. Price includes transport from the Pisa hotel to Livorno and back to the airport/hotel in the evening, as well as lunch.
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .