EC-funded Ph.D. positions available at Cardiff University and Abo Akademi University
Cardiff University (U.K.) and Abo Akademi University (Finland) wish to advertise that EC-funded Ph.D. fellowships are available for young University graduates in Engineering, Chemistry and Physics interested in pursuing a research career in the field of Energy and Environmental Technologies.
The fellowships, funded within the Marie Curie Early Stage Training Programme “INECSE” (Integrated Energy Conversion for a Sustainable Environment), include industrial and academic training to be carried out at three different European Research Centres.
More details about the programme can be found at the dedicated website http://eu-projects.de/INECSE.
In particular, projects available at Abo Akademi University are:
• Development of a large thermodynamic database for use in complex multi-phase, multi-component modelling of the combustion chemistry for solid fuels.
• Development of various chemistry related advanced sub-models to be implemented into a main CFD programme
Projects available at Cardiff University are:
• Co-Combustion of Refuse Derived Fuel with Coal in Slagging Cyclone Combustors;
• Burning velocity measurements of gaseous and liquid fuels at realistic gas turbine operating conditions for power generation;
• Oscillations in Swirl Combustion System and their relationship to Gas Turbine Instability;
• Slagging, Fouling and Corrosion Effects in Large Utility Boilers when Co-firing Biomass/Coal Blends
In both cases the deadline for applying is Dec 31st, 2006.
For further details please contact:
Abo Akademi University
Ms. Frauke Mueller
Ph: +358 2 215 4760
Mr. Steven Morriss
Business Development Manager
Ph: +44 2920 874314
You can find information also on the IFRF Calendar Of Technical Events at these pages: http://www.calendar.ifrf.net/event.html?id=213 and http://www.calendar.ifrf.net/event.html?id=212 .