CFD Validation Workshop
A follow up CFD Workshop will take place on the premises of Doosan Babcock Energy Ltd. in Renfrew Scotland on the afternoon of Wednesday 16th June.
The workshop will be chaired by IFRF Joint Committee Member Christian Mueller and offers the following agenda:
- Background and introduction – progress since the Munich Workshop
- Presentation of new IFRF validation data from IFRF Report F110/y/01 – experimental uncertainties
- Presentations on experience with applying IFRF and other data to CFD Combustion Model Validation
( Seven organisations will present their work)
- BREAK and Networking opportunity
- Next Steps – Interactive Workshop
- Data sets available/needed/planned (eg IFRF Oxy Coal-FOSPER 2010)
- Validation activities – who/what/when?
- Future support from IFRF – needs of modellers
- Future CFD Validation Workshop(s)
- Response from IFRF and IFRF plans
- Wrap up by Chairman/Raporteur
- Informal Networking
Delegates are invited to a buffet lunch with EFRI Oxy-Coal Rig Owners from 12.00 to 13.00.
On Thursday June 17th there will be an opportunity to visit the Doosan Babcock Research Centre , including their 80MW burner test rig which is now equiped to run with oxy-coal burners. This visit will be limited to 3 groups of ten people with places allocated on a first come basis.
Further information about the meeting, location and accommodation arrangements is available, together with a registration form which covers both meetings on http://www.calendar.ifrf.net/event.html?id=339 . Please note that the block booking of rooms at a hotel close to Doosan Babcock will be released after May 31st, so you may wish to reserve your room before then to guarantee the most convenient accommodation.
IFRF is grateful to Doosan Babcock Energy Ltd. for hosting this meeting.