The Finnish National Committee of the IFRF (International Flame Research Foundation) would like to invite all interested speakers to the bi-annual event “Liekkipäivä” on October 23rd 2018, in the new Dipoli convention center in Espoo.
The event is a special forum for both industry and academia in the field of combustion science and technology in Finland. This year’s proceedings will be primarily held in English, with Finnish and Swedish presentations as optional. The event will be co-chaired by Vesna Barisic from Sumitomo SHI FW and Sonja Enestam from Valmet Technologies Oy and the theme for this year, which coincides with the 70th anniversary of the IFRF, is “Resourceful industrial combustion: efficient, clean and safe.”
Call for abstracts:
The organising committee is seeking contributions in the following tracks:
- REACTION KINETICS and COMBUSTION CHEMISTRY, including the kinetics of hydrocarbons and oxygenated fuels, formation of gaseous pollutants, elementary reactions, mechanism generation, reduction and uncertainty quantification.
- DIAGNOSTICS including the development and application of diagnostic techniques and sensors for the understanding and control of combustion and reacting flow phenomena.
- SOLID FUEL COMBUSTION including fundamental aspects related to pyrolysis, oxidation, gasification, and ash formation from coal, biomass, and wastes, as well as combustion of propellants and metals and emissions and flue gas cleaning system.
- HETERAGENOUS and SPRAY COMBUSTION including atomisation, combustion of droplets, sprays, and non-conventional fluids.
- INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES including device specific aspects of fuels research, emissions, direct injection, and combustion dynamics.
- Other NOVEL CONCEPTS, TECHNOLOGIES and SYSTEMS.
Abstracts contributions should include a minimum of 250 words, Please list all authors of the work and their affiliation clearly, as well as which track that you would like it to be part of. Contributions should be submitted through this (Link).
- Deadline for Abstracts 3rd September.
- Notification of acceptance 17th September.
- Finalised program released 2nd October.
Participation and registration fees:
The fees for FFRC and IFRF members is 200 € (Euros) and for non-members it is 250 € (Euros). Registration offers you access to all presentations, a copy of the book of abstracts, lunch and catering throughout the day, attending the event dinner in the evening and special FFRC priced accommodation at Radisson Blue Espoo (Link), which is 6 minutes’ walk from Dipoli center. All binding registrations are requested by the 9th of October, 2018.
Kindly note that all speakers are requested to register.
Registration requests should be sent through this (Link).
After the conclusion of the event, invoices will be sent to the respective billing information shared during the registration.
Call for posters and exhibitions:
Young graduate students have the opportunity to share their on-going research and receive feedback from other experts by sharing a poster, that would be up throughout the day. Abstract submission and registration, is still needed, but kindly state that you are targeting a poster presentation. (Possibility to be offered a sponsored oral presentation session after review of submission) Industrial attendees have the opportunity to setup an exhibition throughout the event for marketing their products and services. For further information on the packages provided, which includes sponsorship recognition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.