The Nordic Flame Days is the Nordic meeting point for everybody involved in combustion or combustion related processes. The Nordic Flame Days 2019 will take place in Turku and is a meeting arranged jointly by the Finnish and Swedish National Committees of International Flame Research Foundation (IFRF) and the Scandinavian-Nordic Section of the Combustion Institute (CINS). The meeting also includes a CINS Topical meeting on alternative fuels for the future.
The Nordic Flame Days program includes keynotes, technical presentations and exhibitions on recent progress made in topics such as::
- Bio-energy with carbon capture and storage
- Flexibility of thermal fuel conversion systems
- Co-combustion and gasification
- Fuel characterisation
- Diagnostic process modelling and optimisation
- Emission control and CO2 mitigation
- Ash management and corrosion
- SNCI Topical meeting “Alternative fuels for the future”
- January – abstract submission period opens
- March 18* – Deadline for abstract submission (*original deadline extended from March 4 to March 18)
- March 25 – Notification of acceptance
- June 3 – Deadline for extended abstract
- June 10 – Deadline for Early bird registration
- August 9 – Deadline for registration
- August 28-29 – Nordic Flame Days 2019
Official Programme and Keynote Speakers
The Official Programme of the Nordic Flame Days 2019 has been published and can be viewed here.
You can learn more about the Keynote Speakers by visiting their speaker pages below:
- Prof. Franz Winter, TU Wien. Title: “Optimizing Waste incineration – A Challenge in Many Respects”. speaker page
- Prof. Anders Lyngfelt, Chalmers University. Title: “Negative CO2 Emissions in the Nordic Countries”. speaker page page2
- Researcher Tomi J. Lindroos, VTT Research Center Finland. Title: ”Estimating profitability of biomass plants in the future district heating grids”. speaker page
The organizing committee would like to express its utmost appreciation to everyone who has shown interest to join our conference as a speaker.
Registration to the NFD2019 offers you access to all plenary and parallel sessions, a flash drive with papers presented at the conference, lunch and catering throughout the event and attending the conference’s official dinner/gala.
The fees for conference registration are listed below in the event’s online store (payments via credit card),
There is a possibility for group order and payment via direct invoices. This is however restricted to a minimum order of five (5) participants and the participants’ organization being a member of either FFRC or SFRC. All group orders need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Friday 9th of August and their respective payments would need to be processed before the conference opening date. Registration via the online store link would remain available until Friday 9th of August as well.
If you have any questions or face technical issues during the registration steps, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
Sponsorship & Exhibition
The Finnish Flame Research Committee are joined at the event by FFRC and IFRF member Sumitomo SHI FW and by Infradex Oy as exhibitors at our event.
There are three Sponsorship and Exhibition Packages available:
- Exhibitor Package – 1000 €
- Basic Sponsorship Package – 2000 €
- Premium Sponsorship Package – 3000 €
For full details about what is included in these packages please view the brochure here.
To take advantage of the exhibitor or sponsorship opportunities or if you have any questions on the available packages, please contact Mohamed Magdeldin from the organising committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location and venue
The conference will be arranged on the campus of Åbo Akademi University in Turku, Finland.
Turku has a small international airport. There are also frequent bus and train connections to the Helsinki airport. In addition, Turku can easily be reached by ferry from Stockholm. For more information about travelling to and from Turku please click here.
It may be difficult to find hotels in Turku during the period and participants are urged to make their reservations as early as possible. The offers are valid for the period 27-30 August. Last booking date is 6 August. All prices include breakfast.
Local organising committee
Anders Brink (email@example.com )
Patrik Yrjas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mia Mäkinen (email@example.com)
Mohamed Magdeldin (firstname.lastname@example.org)