From lab scale to industrial combustion: challenges for the scale up of experimental and simulation approaches
The IFRF will be hosting a workshop before the 11th European Combustion Meeting (ECM), which is being organised by the French Section of the Combustion Institute and will take place on April 26th-28th 2023 in Rouen, France. The IFRF workshop will take place at the same location 25th April 2023, one day before the ECM.
More information about the workshop is below:
- What parameter do we need to measure in order to characterise industrial combustion systems?
- How to validate numerical modelling of industrial combustion systems?
- What issues when adapting lab-scale measurements techniques to semi-industrial facilities or to industrial plants?
- Industrial sectors: steel, glass, cement, power production, biomass, wastes…
Law faculty, University of Rouen, Normandy, site “Pasteur”, Rouen, France.
Easily reachable by public transports: frequent trains from Paris (1h20 from Gare Saint Lazare).
Places available: Maximum 150
- First Keynote lecture: Jörg Leicher (GWI Essen)
- First round table: What are the questions to answer, common to industry and academia?
- Second Keynote: Role of modelling and simulation in industry – history & perspective (title tbc)
- Second round table: How to transfer the knowledge from lab to industry?
More details to come!
Call for abstracts and participation
Stakeholders from industry and academia are invited to participate, either by submitting a short abstract, to discuss their experience and challenges, and/or by presenting their advanced measurement equipment or modelling tools applicable to industrial combustion systems. Please email any abstracts or proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IFRF is a research and networking hub of the global industrial combustion community. The IFRF network extends from the Americas through Europe to Central and East Asia, and to Australia, covering the power generation, petroleum refining, iron and steel, cement, glass, and chemical industries as well as combustion equipment manufacturers, fuels and industrial gas producers and distributors, research institutes and universities.
Space has been set aside at the workshop venue for permanent sponsor displays. Conference sponsorship will enable your organisation to:
Reach a highly focused group of industrial engineers and academics with direct involvement in the workshop
- Strengthen your company image and profile at the event
- Promote your company and its products through the IFRF’s website, newsletter and events calendar
- Company logo displayed on official sponsor boards, on the workshop flyers and programme
- Exhibition space 3 m x 1 m for posters, roll-up banners, brochures including power outlets and a table for computers, brochures and small items of hardware
- Listing as official sponsor on IFRF’s website
- An option to present your company through a short article in in our newsletter Monday Night Mail that can include a direct link to your company website
- Two refreshment breaks and a long breach lunch in front of the exhibition space is planned, so participants will have lots of opportunities to exchange with sponsors
The sponsorship packages fees are as follows: € 1000, which includes 1x ticket to the event.
Scientific & organizing committee